So this cake is still at the experiment stage, and if anybody tries it please let me know how it turns out and if you changed the recipe in anyway, I am not 100% sure this cake is yet perfect… but I am willing to try it a free times, since the first experiment was very very good!!!
What you Need: Earl Gray Tea Cake
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 a cup sugar
- 1/2 a cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 a cup cold earl gray tea (strong earl gray tea with loose leaf tea, keep the tea leafs in it, they make the cake look great when mixed inside)
- 1/2 a cup soya milk with 1 tbsp Cinder Vingar (combined)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp egg replacer with 3 tbsp warm water (I am not sure was is necessary but I used it anyway!)
What you Need: Lemon Butter Icing
- Icing sugar
- Fresh Lemon
- Vegan margarine (I use Pure Soya for baking since it has a much milder flavor than something like Vitalite, and is less greasy than Pure Sunflower)
How to make it:
- Pre Heat the oven to 170c Prepare your cake tin
- Combined the soya milk with the cider vinegar to create vegan butter milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together slowly.
- Pour into your tin, bake for 30mins or until a toothpick will come out clean.
- Once baked place your cake on a cooling rack and leave for at least 1hr
- Mix together your ingredients to make the icing, since I always make this by eye and mood, and wont say how much to use, but remember the more liquid you use the more icing sugar you will need!!
- Ice cake, maybe a little lemon zest on top to decorate… Enjoy!
The cake I made was good… I think the texture was a little strange, so maybe no egg replacer next time, or maybe more baking powder, or maybe the cooking time was wrong… possibly making the earl gray tea in warm soya milk might work… once I try this again I will know more! An if anybody else does make it let me know how it worked for you!!