I love baking, but to be honest this doesn’t really count… But it is quick easy and tasty, plus finding vegan mince pies can be difficult with the whole world wanting “full butter pastry” so this is my little cheeky guide to mince pies…
What you will need:
- Ready roll puff or short crust pastry
- Jar of mince meat
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat your oven to 170c
- Roll out your pastry, use pastry cutters to get your disks of pastry, use two sizes one for the base and one for the lid
- Prepare your cupcake tray with a little oil (I use 1cal spray because it is easy!)
- Line your tray with the large pastry disks
- Fill with 1 heaped tsp mince meat (don’t over fill or the mince will go everywhere!)
- Wet the bottom of your pastry lids, place them on top of your mince pies and crimp the edges.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins
- Dust with icing and enjoy!!