Recently I have been too busy to bake, let alone blog, but here are some rather wonderful and easy to bake vegan muffins… a great way to use up old bananas!
What you will need:
- 260g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 100g vegan margarine (I like to use Pure when baking since it has little flavor)
- Egg replacer (3 tsp egg replacer mixed with 4 tbsp warm water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 mashed bananas (extra ripe!)
- 80g Cooking chocolate (either chips or a broken up bar!)
What to do…
- Preheat your oven to around 180c and get your muffin tin ready, this mix should make around 12 medium sized muffins (i.e English not American style!)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mash your bananas in a separate bowl with a fork until smooth(ish!)
- Melt your margarine then combine it with the banana then add the vanilla extract and egg replacer.
- Now combine wet and dry ingredients and finally add your chocolate!
- Once fully combined evenly distribute your mix into the ready prepared muffin tin, the mixture will be quite thick.
- Bake for around 20mins… the melted chocolate does make it hard to test with a wooden skewer, but it is worth testing them this way just to be sure there is no uncooked mixture. You can also tell they are done if they spring back into shape when lightly poked.
- Leave to cool… if you eat straight from the oven the chocolate will go everywhere!!!